Bio

My photo
former US Marine, retired police; in other words, professional babysitter. "Ah's jes' th' ign'nt sonuva po' ol' shahcroppah, yas ah is. . ."

20100609

Sharron Angle: Nevada Candidate Already Providing Treasure Chest Of Goodies For Harry Reid


Buddhism has been around since 600 BC, as has been Jainism, Zoroastrianism and Taoism. They've got established track records, better than Christianity. Hinduism goes farther back yet, as does Judaism.



L Ron invented Scientology on a bet. I've been a reader of his stuff since I was a kid, some fifty-odd years back.



Most organized religions believe in either an afterlife or reincarnation. I could come up with one based on quantum mechanics, that would be of both types and neither. And it'd be more truthful than either type, since it would be tied to actual scientific experiments.



And believe me, it would tick EVERYBODY off, just like all the new kids on the block did: Protestantism, Mormonism, neopaganism, Church of Satan, Scientology. . .you name it.



I'm neither agnostic nor atheist; but my beliefs are my own.



I can respect Angle's religious views, but I spent 30 years in police work; I know a touch of psychology and sociology as well.



And, while Scientological methods might work in California, if you think they'll work in Nevada--especially within the prison system--then I've got some swampland you might be interested in.



Ms Angle's beliefs may not be proof of a lack of intellectual capability, but they are proof of a delusional nature.



One can be quite rational and intellectual and delusional, all at the same time. It's a predominantly human trait few of us, myself included, ever break out of. Although some of us try. . .
About Photo Galleries
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: